A History of TCT
TCT was originally a rural cooperative, Tri County Telephone Association, Inc., formed in 1953 to provide local telephone service to rural Big Horn Basin Wyoming customers in Burlington, Emblem, Otto, Hamilton Dome, Hyattville, and Ten Sleep. In 1956, the first dial tone was made available to these areas.
Beyond regular telephone service (which was our initial sole purpose) we’ve ushered in growth over the years in Internet and television services as well as other state-of-the-art offerings.
Leading the Way
As an industry leader, TCT continues to provide high-quality Internet, phone, television and security options to our growing service area while keeping pace with cutting edge technologies.
Expansion and Growth
In 1994, the company purchased seven telephone exchanges from US West serving Basin, Byron, Cowley, Deaver, Frannie, Greybull, Lovell, Manderson, Meeteetse, and Shell. The result of this expansion was a 700% increase in access lines overnight.
In 2014, Tri County Telephone Association, Inc., and its subsidiaries, were sold to a private entity, dissolving the cooperative.
Currently, TCT customers benefit from the same state-of-the art services available in any urban area. Beyond regular telephone service, that was the initial purpose of the cooperative, we’ve experienced a tremendous growth over the years in high-speed Internet and television services as well as other products. We’ve also continuously expanded our service area, and now provide service to customers in Wyoming, as well as several communities in south-central Montana.